Sunday, September 11, 2011

Every Day I'm Taperin'

Well it's that time already: taper week for my 5K in Plainfield.

To be honest, it feels like I've been tapering for a few weeks. Between the injuries and consistently tweaking my base mileage, things haven't gone exactly as planned. I'm up 3 lbs from my low weight a little over a week ago and while I want to place the blame on some PMS bloating, I just don't feel like the hardcore hot running chick I set out to be. I'm going to do my best to maximize the good eating this week as I am still going to a wedding and no one likes the little pregnant belly bulge from being bloated.

I did have a really great run on Thursday night though. It was a beautiful night and I considered doing a trail run, but it was getting dark so I did an out and back from my home to the Sportsplex at Hunt Club and Woodroffe, and back home again for a total of 5 miles. I got my dad to join me on the run (which was a good move as the trail goes through trees for a bit and gets very dark). He used to run a lot when he was younger but his joints are getting the better of him, so he became my bicycle waterboy. I maintained a great 6.0 mph pace the whole way through and was shocked that I was able to converse freely for the entire run. I was happy that, while I haven't noticed a lot of physical gains (other than a little less leg cellulite, which is a good thing), I have definitely gained in terms of endurance and speed. I recognize now that my downfall is my eating habits, so I plan to work on that. Step 1: Activia desserts. Holy crap. Amazeballs.

The plan for the taper week is to get my last run in by Wednesday. I'm hoping to hit the elliptical tonight for an easy session, though not sure if it'll happen thanks to an upset stomach. Monday will be a lunch run day (4 miles), Tuesday is x-training, Wednesday will be another lunch run or a sprint session, Thursday is x-training, Friday is rest, and Saturday is the big race!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment