Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tempo Run... Or not

Tonight was supposed to be my last "tough" workout of the training schedule. I was planning on a 6.0-6.7 stepladder to bring me to a negative split tempo for a PR. Unfortunately about 1.5 miles in I had ridiculous stomach cramps that I'm going to blame on a buffet brunch that I had earlier in the day. I hadn't done much moving around between the run and the meal, so I'm guessing it was just kind of hanging out and then decided to cause cramping later on. I scrapped the run as it was getting late anyway and settled with doing a tempo run at lunch tomorrow. I may tone it down a bit as it is nearing Thursday and, given that I'm writing this at 11:30 pm and I wake up at 6:30 am, I doubt I will get enough sleep to really give it 110%.

The plan for tomorrow is the tempo run and hopefully a light legs workout mixed with some lower core while I can get it in. Tuesday it's off due to an MRI and umm... a spray tan (the shame! the shame!).... and then Wednesday I drive down to New Jersey. I'll be getting in around 8 pm I assume, so I doubt I'll have time for a workout (if I do, it's a short walk and maybe some arms). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment