Saturday, October 1, 2011

Update

Okay, so... I'll admit it... I haven't really been the best at keeping up to date with the blog. Mainly because after my 5K, I played some ball hockey with people from work and the random sprinting without a warm-up did.. something... to my tendons and I never really did get a decent run in after that. I saw my physical therapist on Wednesday who helped me out and said that it was mainly a lower calf strain. All of this is pretty much a moot point as I had some of my innards removed yesterday during surgery and I'm on bedrest for a week. It looks like it'll be at least 2 weeks before I can even consider going to the gym, and around a month before running becomes a part of my life again. It's much-needed rest, I would say. My boyfriend has been amazingly supportive of me and has pointed out that this seems to be the perfect time to "start fresh". A part of me heaves an exasperated sigh at the thought of "starting fresh"... yet again. I feel like every few months or so, I'm stuck "starting fresh". This time though, I think he's right. I need to start not too heavy... I'm actually forced into taking it easy, so maybe it'll work.

My plan for the next little while (when I can work out again) is all cross training and 2-3 days/week of weights. I will then integrate running days back into the schedule over the next few months until I'm well, me again. Healthy, strong, uninjured me. Let's see how that actually plays out.

Until then, I'm on painkillers and fat-free foods. At least the diet will be a success.

PS: PRed in Jersey... 28:52.

No comments:

Post a Comment