Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frozen

The good thing about going to work for 5:00 am is that by 6:00 am, you only have 6 hours to go (I'm working through "lunch" to get the heck out of here before this snowstorm gets any worse). I'm conflicted about these days where I have to drop the SO off at the airport to catch his 6:00 am flight. On one hand, it gets me done early, there's no traffic, and my siesta time starts when people are taking their lunch breaks... on the other hand, I'm freezing, my eyes are droopy, and my muscles feel like they've been working on overdrive and it's a hassle to even walk across the room... It's not even the 4:00 am wakeup that bothers me... it's the fact that we're 2-for-2 on attending Ottawa Senators games the night before one of these 4:00 am days... Last night we both resolved to spending one entire day at the house with zero plans. Well, zero plans except for my long run.

I shockingly nearly stayed on schedule this weekend. I kicked my long run over to Sunday instead of Saturday, which left me in fear that the rest of the week wouldn't work but it seems to be unfolding nicely. I likely won't be able to do the Sat/Sun flip for long runs as time progresses (without really messing up stuff), as I had to run 4 miles Sun ("long" run), 3 miles yesterday, x-train today, 3 miles tempo tomorrow, 3 miles on Thursday. Luckily today is my x-training day, so it will be elliptical at, like, 1 mph. After a very, very long nap.

Already onto Week 2-1... yikes. Last week's mileage total was a fairly decent 13 miles (if you include Sunday as "last week"). This week will be 14 miles, plus a tempo run.. but I always end up running at near-tempo pace when I'm doing 3 milers. They're too short for me to get into that zoned out frame of mind, so I just want them over ASAP, which always makes me run them too fast. Yesterday I ran about a 29:00 3 miles and that was my slowest all week, and that was 90% due to the fact I had just run a long run the day before, and my work gym has no fans or air circulation, and had 8-9 people in it (it's not very large in the first place). It was a good 25-30C with a humidex factor in there I'm sure.

Anne x

No comments:

Post a Comment