Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taking a Breather...

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come, but I'm already slacking on my first week of half marathon training. To be fair, I did complete all of my runs except the long run (probably to Hal Higdon's chagrin). I had a very good plan of attending tonight's Senators game and then hitting the gym afterwards with my cousin. The game ended at 7:45 pm, so going for a 9:00ish workout wasn't completely out of the question. Unfortunately, it seems the Philadelphia Flyers make me sick. Literally. For those of you who don't know my NHL history, the first time I went to a Senators game, it was against the Flyers back in the 90s. We lost 5-0 and I got sick from the Coke/food from the game on the bus ride home. Tonight the score was MUCH more in our favour (6-4 Senators), but I did spent the majority of the bus ride home being nauseous and it took about an hour for the nausea to finally subside once I did get home. Luckily I started my training early and this was Week 1 after all, with the long run being only 4 miles, so it wasn't a major hit. I get to repeat Week 1 again this week and it seems like the schedule works fairly well for it. The in-laws are coming to town, so I feel that 4 mile run will happen (possibly with a one-hour weight session, one-hour yoga, and 2-hour spin to follow... hey, gotta train for my marathon).

Expect more updates from me this week. It's "back to school" (or back to video-on-demand) for me, so of course that means more blog updates and generally web time-wasting going on.

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment