Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 8 Wall

So after yesterday's amazing run, I was gutted to feel the twinge in my ankle creep back in during today's easy workout. Shame on me for not using my brace again, but I figured that it's time to wean myself off it (if possible) and build up my ankle muscles again. I don't know if it even would've made a difference, though. I squeezed out 1.1 miles (with the last 0.3 miles being super sore) and then went back to work. On the way home from work, I detoured to my regular gym to do a weights session which felt alright, though the calf raises were brutal. I've "iced" (used a frozen bag of fries) my tendon and added heat to the muscle bellies of my calves, hoping that'll loosen things up. Definitely trying to book in half an hour tomorrow with my massage therapist to see if this thing can be worked out. I'm almost a third finished! THIS WILL NOT BE MY DEMISE.

That said, I ran almost 15 miles this week, so I'm happy with that (considering there were at least two days where I barely made it past a mile).

1 comment:

  1. See what happens when you start to overdo it?!

    ReplyDelete