Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Many the Miles

Sorry for the lack of updates! It’s been a stressful few days between finishing up housework, finding out that my boyfriend will be here 2 WEEKS earlier than I expected (awesome for us, bad for Anne’s cleaning plans!), more health-related issues and adapting to some changes I will have to make, exams, and finally, an exam and interview for a much-coveted job. I was very grateful to my manager (who was one of the two interviewers) who was very proactive in the interview and made me feel at ease, as the night before and been a mess of emotions and I had that all-too-familiar sore/tired eyes, pounding headache feeling. Not the best situation for an interview, but I made good on my promise to answer all 17 questions (oof) and I think they were all well-done. Fingers crossed for this one… the Tommy & Lefebvre ski sale ends on December 26 and I really want to buy myself a pair with my new massive raise.

Running-wise, well… I was SUPPOSED to go to the Buffet des Continents with my cousin and family on Monday as I will be ditching them at Christmas to be in New Jersey. My dad is very reluctant to accept change, so we ended up at Swiss Chalet (all you can eat buffet vs. 500 calorie rotisserie chicken meal). In preparation for this massive meal, I decided to just “go for it” and run 5 miles. At the end of the day, I’d run 5.3 miles and had done an arm workout. It felt amazing and I was just cranking out the miles nae problem. The only issue was my left knee into my fifth mile. Something to watch out for, but I think some leg strengthening will help with that.

I didn’t run yesterday as I’d only gotten 5.5 hours of sleep the night before and was just in a bad emotional state. Usually I run in those situations, but I was SO exhausted. I was sitting on the couch at 8 pm and was violently shaking from being so cold/tired. My muscles couldn’t even function properly. It was quite distressing, actually. I went straight to bed and woke up today at the usual time (6:15 am). I feel much better today. Unfortunately, I have a work lunch so can’t run then and a spray tan after work. Yes, yes, a dumb reason to not run, but I really can’t sweat/shower for a few hours after a tan! Perhaps I will let it sink in and go for my run around 9 pm tonight. We’ll see!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment