Sunday, December 11, 2011

Game Over

So, in a disappointing turn, my ankle was in horrendous pain for 24 hours straight. It was so bad that even my massage therapist said that my tendon and surrounding areas were "as hard as a rock". To put it in perspective, for the past year, the pain that I obviously felt on a fairly regular basis was not easy to detect in a physical form on my tendon. There'd be some "knot" areas on the tendon, but it'd usually be okay after a session. This time, it was brutal and I could REALLY feel the pain. Something was definitely going on. Serves me right for not using my brace, I suppose, but it officially meant the end of my AMRWR :(

I took two days off from any exercise and hit the gym yesterday while at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA. It's hard to not want to work out there as their gym is kind of amazing. The boyfriend was willing to join me this time, so that was a major bonus! I brought some of my geography notes down to the gym with me and tried to make it through a really awful lecture on global economics. I spent 30 min doing that and burning around 300 calories on the elliptical, and then we quickly did some medicine ball ab work. I'm so proud of my boyfriend for really taking steps forward in his workouts. He was super gung ho for our quick weights session (I had bet him that I'd be ready by 8 pm for dinner, so I was definitely NOT risking that by doing an extra set of bicep curls!). He even was keeping up a 6.5 mph pace for a bit on the elliptical. Obviously different than the treadmill, but I was hovering around 5.5-6.0 the whole 30 min so he was sort of beating me. And so it beginnnnns... must not show him the ways of the runners! I will be de-throned as the "good runner" fairly easily.

Quick workout in the living room with ma doggie motivating me before dinner with the South African cousin visiting!

Cheerio! xx

1 comment:

  1. OOh, you should run a half marathon! that probably won't hurt at all!

    ReplyDelete